Attery Chargers/Starters

Most for me have been bad batteries that finally gave out on a REALLY cold day. - or someone left the door open, or the headlights on, or the trunk open - and drained the battery dead.

Reply to
clare

The old SLAs were OK, but the new Lithiums? They are incredible. Mine will fit in the armrest box on my ranger, and will start a 6.0 liter Suburban several times - even 6 months after it was charged. ANd it won't stretch your arms carrying it.

It's the CCA that's critical, not the amp-hours when it comes time to "kick butt" and get an engine started.

Reply to
clare

Here, we lose batteries to the heat. If car doesn't start -- or, starts to act sluggish when turning over -- check the date on the battery case and drive directly to the store for free replacement under warranty.

Previous Monte Carlo would eat diode bridges in alternator pretty regularly. Cheap fix -- except for the time to pull it off the engine

Reply to
Don Y

It will try to charge very hard and add additional power from battery. Mine broke. Perhaps something I Did ?

Greg

Reply to
gregz