Ariens Snowblower Choke Knob Position Question (Tecum Engine)

Hello:

I have a new Ariens snowblower; has a Tecum. engine and is the "Compact" series.

Works fine, as long as the Choke Knob is in the middle (seems like there are

3 detents for it) position

I realize it should be all the way over to the left, max ccw, which is apparently the no-choke or full open position.

But, if I do put it all the way to that position, it dies.

Very happy, though, in the middle position.

Any thoughts on ? Safe to run that way ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

Robert,

It sounds as if the carburetor is mis-adjusted. It's new and probably still under warranty so take it back. In the mean time it's probably ok to run it partially choked, I'd recommend an oil change after you get it fixed.

Dave M.

Reply to
David Martel