arg, grout sealer mess

I'm new to this here home repair/home owning thing and even though I'm having a great time with it, I'm making lots of mistakes. I sealed the grout in my bathroom floor tiles last night. I sponged it on and all was great, but I didn't clean up very well as I thought I could do it later (stupid me) and I think there's just grout sealant everywhere on the glazed tiles. Am I hosed? The bottle claims I can use paint thinner for clean up but it's probably too late as it's dried and and will the paint thinner ruin the glaze on the tile?

Live and learn!! and thanks everyone!

Reply to
Ham Sulu

Hi Ham Sulu, If you use the thinners it shouldn't ruin the glaze as that would have been fired on when they were made. Best to try on a small area that it not so noticable first. If you have to rub I would try a sponge type scourer, but use one that is not brand new and will be a bit kinder to the surface. I have seen worse as a friend used the hardened grout for stone floor tiles and was a right pig to get off. He did manage it but took ages. Take your time and should be ok. Best of luck.

Stu

Stu

I had a problem like this with a shower floor. Eventually it just faded/washed away. At any rate I complained to manufacturer who not only refunded price but gave me a few dollars for my trouble. They were very nice about it as they were a reputable company and were marketing someone else's product which I assume they no longer do. Frank

Reply to
Frank

Ham Sulu wrote: paint thinner ruin the glaze on the tile?

i've used sealers that go on grout and tile (not just the grout)

how does it look?

just leave it down

damn some flammable liquid f l o a t i n g through the house the headache the smell

don't put no turpentine on the bath floor juss leave it

is that seale also for tile? check it out some sealers are for tile too

Reply to
chili palmer