Anyone playing with their Kill - A - Watt meter

\\

true thats the case with ALL GAS HEATERS, although its not most heat, since none are less than 50% efficent.

but combustion by products must go somewhere.

sure electric heaters are more efficent, and lack exhaust waste but the electric costs so much more, gas is more cost effective

Reply to
hallerb

I addressed that in my posting, I said you dump less of your home's heated air outside because you run the dryer less. In any event, the biggest difference is that a front-loader just does a far better job on the clothes. If you want a worse wash, you can save a lot of money by just not washing clothes.

Does he count the extended lifetime of the clothes because of less mutilation in the washer, and complete extraction of detergent?

So what? Do they fail more? A $1000 washer is going to have better parts quality than the $500 pair special. A lot of front-loaders are direct drive (no transmission). Less parts to fail.

Reply to
Nexus7

obviously you bought a front loader, so did my dad. hope it works great for you.

but when its going to cost half the price oif the machine for a couple parts you can remember this discussion as it goes to the landfill..........

Reply to
hallerb

What kind of an argument is that? I listed some areas where a front- loader is qualitatively superior to a top-loader. Do you dispute any of those?

Any parts these days cost an arm and a leg. They used to make that argument for American vs Japanese cars, and these days you have to empty a checking account before you buy parts for anything. As front- loaders as becoming common, the economics of scale will drop the price of parts. Already the most prominent displays in Kmart, HD, BB, etc. are the front-loaders.

Reply to
Nexus7

they are the most prominent becuse they cost more so theres more profit in selling them............

Reply to
hallerb

How in the world did you find that?

Reply to
clifto

You persist in perpetuating this lie, so I feel compelled to remind you that people can buy front-loader washer/dryer pairs for $700-800 (as I did). Less than half of what you are claiming, in other words. You clearly have no interest in changing your energy wasting habits, but please don't try to stop those of us who wish to make the world a better place.

Reply to
KLS

clifto wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@remote.clifto.com:

swapped out power supply,still had problem. replaced a couple of high ESR caps on the motherboard,still had problem.Left off fan cable while messing with PC,problem went away. Got new fan from Skycraft,end of problem.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Can you prove any of these statements or are you just talking off your .. ehm mouth? A washer dryer combo forces you to serialize those activities, which is enough for me to dismiss that nonsense ( i am using one of your favorite words, see?)

Reply to
Carpenter

But you seem to be focusing on the period when US manufacturers chose to ignore the successful designs used in other countries when they introduced their units here. They made lots of mistakes and were essentially selling beta product. Maytag was most notable for this.

Reply to
George

This depends on if the front loader LASTS long enough to recoup that premium cost

Nine did NOT. Wore out after 7 years and couldn't be fixed with spending $400

Reply to
me

That what happened to my front loader..... main bearing and seal failed

Couldn't just replace the seal and bearing.... had to replace entire inner tub

Reply to
me

Took mine to scrap steel receycler

Reply to