Any ideas for a curtain ...

I want to put up a curtain in our kitchen to keep the cats off of the countertop. I'm planning to use thin nylon net and the curved thin pipes for a standalone tub shower curtain. I don't think this can be the best way ...

I probably should post a drawing?

Reply to
AKA Gray Asphalt

buffalobill

The net seems to work on a doorway where I have a sort of door made out of net. So I'm not worried about that. They can climb up a ways and climb down ok.

Reply to
AKA Gray Asphalt

First thing I did when I moved in with my husband was train his cat to stay off kitchen counters and dining table. Yuck! Sweet old cat didn't like to be scolded. He wouldn't eat anything other than cat food unless we left out the butter or a dish with apple pie on it :o)

Cats like for you to think they cannot be trained, but they can.

Reply to
Norminn

Check out

and see if they have something that might work better.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

How about a metal mesh curtain hooked to an electric fence charger.

Reply to
Eric in North TX

People use a squirt bottle to discourage cats. Just spray them in the face once. After that you will only have to reach for it. of course, that only works when you are there.

You can also put a strip of aluminum foil on the counter edge. The cats don't like it for some reason.

there are also electric shock pads which you covers the edge of the counter. gives them a mild shock when they jump on it. I haven't used this myself but I bet it would be effective.

Reply to
Lawrence

"AKA Gray Asphalt" wrote in news:ZWmWg.3077$v43.2862@fed1read02:

They can be trained as to where to go and not go. They don't like getting their ass chewed out. I have a couple that are allowed on the bathroom sinks only as they like to take a drink from running water. I'm good with that. After all, my hair gets there plenty. They never go on the counter or tables.

Many many many moons ago when first born was expected the crib was set up a month ahead. Cats HAVE to know every inch of their environment. They jumped in to look. I let them get their map updated.

In this instance the ass chewing didn't go over 100%. Could tell they were in there when returning home. So I bought a dozen mouse traps. Glued a small piece of wood where the bar hits the base when sprung to keep it from doing actual damage. Set them up in the crib. Critters couldn't see in the crib until landing of course. First couple of days you would hear the snapping and turbo kitty coming out of the room. LMAO! Then of course come home and find them snapped. They became trained.

Reply to
Al Bundy

My cats are immune to electricity. One of them dropped a radio into my bath tub. Fortuneately there was no water in it.

Reply to
AKA Gray Asphalt

Hmm... that's a concept. mouse-traps in a cage, so all all you get is the noise...

Reply to
Goedjn