anchoring building down

I want to build a 10' x 16', 10ft tall shed that would stand on concrete blocks, about 1 - 2 ft off the ground. Is there some kind of anchor I could drive into the ground (dirt) that could be used to tie the shed down, incase we get some strong wind?

I know one way to do that would be to make a concrete foundation,. and use that, but I'd like to do it without ' a foundation because of cost, work, and because I might want to move the shed in a couple of years.

TIA aur

Reply to
aurgathor

How about auger anchors, about $8 each from:

If it takes 3K pounds to pull one out of the ground and it is installed at a 45 degree angle so it can resist 2121 pounds of horizontal force and a 90 mph wind pushes with 8x0.00256(90)^2 = 166 pounds of force on a linear foot of an 8'-tall wall and the cable resists with 83 pounds, one anchor might do 2121/83 = 25' of wall.

Nick

Reply to
nicksanspam

Stop by your local mobile home or RV center and they should have what you want.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

The link provided above did not work on my computer, but you can buy those auger anchors can be purchased at most building supply stores and often hardware and farm supply stores too. They are used to secure mobile homes and other temporary sheds.

Place one at each corner going somewhat of an angle under the building. Then use chain and heavy eyelets to attach to the building and bolt the chain links tightly.

I have used this method to secure portable livestock shelters and it works well.

Reply to
maradcliff

Show-off.

-Frank

Reply to
Frank Warner

Check with any mobile home supply stores. They have to tie down mobile homes and they use the anchor rods similar to those suggested by Nick.

Reply to
bnlfan