Amigas and other old computers

Talking about Win 95, etc., reminded me... way off topic again... A years ago I was dropping off some things at the local thrift store, and as I was leaving, this feller pulled up in a pickup truck and started unloading boxes of donations. I recognized some computer parts and naturally became nosey. Turns out the truck was full of Amiga hardware and hundreds of programs on floppies. I gave him $20 for everything. Amigo was beginning to be collectable then. There was a monthly Amiga swap meet at that time and I planned to catalog everything and take it over there. Well, by golly, it's all still in the garage... along with boxes of AllenBradley SLC500 PLC chassis, power suppliers, modules, and PC's & hard drives that I had bought on ebay for the software.....

Still trying to find time to unload some of these things... One of these days....

Reply to
Newgene McMensa

On Sat 16 Jun 2018 10:30:10p, Newgene McMensa told us...

Did you ever watch "Hoarders"??? You might headed down a slippery slope!!!

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Wayne Boatwright posted for all of us...

I practice it daily 8-(

Reply to
Tekkie®

I've had Goodwill refuse donation of old electronics like computers and TV's. Best Buy will accept some but I had to pay $25 to get rid of an old CRT monitor. Would have been cheaper to take it to the dump and pay them but it was a clients computer and they paid for it.

Maybe I should have hoarded this stuff until it became collectable.

Reply to
Frank