Amana Oven conversion

I have an Amana AGS730 LP range which came with 'ignitors' to light the oven and broiler elements. These ignitors use electricity to heat up provide ignition to the gas. When the electricity fails, as it does sometimes in the country, the oven is useless, although the range top burners can be lit with a match. Is there a conversion kit to change the oven ignitors to a spark type ignition system, or even a standing pilot light? Thank you. Steve

41N
Reply to
Steve IA

"Steve IA" wrote

No. There is no practical way to do it.

Reply to
Ed

"Ed" wrote

If you have room for a second range:

$249.99, has a pilot.

Reply to
Ed

Hi,

Nope.

Sorry!

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Oven ignitor uses 3.2-3.6 amps.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

There may be a conversion kit, but probably not worth the expense. The igniter is wired in series with the gas valve, and that's a safety feature. We lose electricity from time to time, with outages rarely lasting more than 12 hours.

Reply to
Phisherman

Could you use a computer UPS? I don't know how many amps the oven igniter uses.

Reply to
Cliff Hartle

This from memory, but last year I got the pleasure of replacing a HSI on an Amana. I am remembering the HSI has to draw between 3.1 and 3.3 amps for the gas valve to open.

About four hundred watts or so. Should oughta run on a UPS that will provide

500 or so watts -- figure some for the clock, etc.
Reply to
Stormin Mormon