Alright! I fixed the F*&^% gas dryer!

So last night the thing just wouldn't work, no matter how much jiggling of th wires, the ignitor would not light up.

I take the front off to get access, and one wire attached to a prong on the left side of the gas tube had finally rotted off. I spliced it an inch down, crimped on a new attachment, and it was good to go...

Except that while I was doing this, the front of the dryer fell backward, pulling the wire and prong attached to it from the door kill switch...

Being the genius that I am, I spliced the two wires together, therefore bypassing the kill switch. (so now you can opent he dryer door while it is spinning - convenient for throwing in that last sock.)

I am officially a member of the club. The Mickey Mouse club.

I will pick up a door kill switch at some point...I am glad I didn't go $400 for a new dryer when the only issue was a rotten wire.

1979 Maytag dryers rule.

Later,

Bluesman

Reply to
hotblues20

Art Todesco

Are we expected to flame you for lack of safety?

Most repair guys have done something like this.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon