All outlets must be replaced by 2012

A new law just went into effect in the electrical codes. By the end of 2011. December 31, 2011, all electrical outlets will be required to be replaced in every home, garage, shed, barn and commercial business building. This includes common 15A and 20A 120V outlets, as well as all 240V outlets and any others. Excluded are GFCI types. The new outlets will look and work just like those currently in use, except the new outlets will have a green and black, glowing Mister Yuck logo on them. Anyone caught without the Mister Yuck logo on any outlet will be fined and or imprisoned, not to exceed $10,000 and/or 5 years PER OUTLET. Children associate Mister Yuck with bad things, thus they will not touch outlets with this logo on them.

Also stated in this law, it says that all outlets MUST be replaced by a licensed electrician, and no homeowners, or other non-licensed persons can change them, because the Mister Yuck outlets require special handling in order that Mister Yuck's face is upright during installation, as these faces will not be allowed if installed upsidedown, because children will not associate them if they are reversed. These new outlets will become available to electricians beginning November 1, 2010. They will ONLY be sold to electricians and will not be available to the general public.

It's estimated that the average homeowner will pay from $400 to $1200 per home to replace these outlets. A program is being initiated to assist low income and the elderly, offering them a 10% discount.

Note: All outlets MUST be the approved and stamped Mister Yuck outlets with the florescent glow in the dark Mister Yuck face. Stickers, Labels, and Drawings will NOT be acceptable. Electricians installing the Mister Yuck outlets will assign a code number to each outlet so that every outlet in every home is accounted for. Once this code number is assigned, each outlet cover will be locked to prevent anyone from othering the electrical box except a certified Mister Yuck approved electrician. This law effects every home in the United States of America. Each completed installation will include the official Mister Yuck electrical cartoon guide for children. Parents are advised to read these books to their children. Schools around the country will be required to have Mister Yuck day, where all elementary school children will learn about Mister Yuck.

Reply to
hounddog45

Now I understand! I was wondering why small children would run screaming from me at times then climb all over me like a jungle gym at other times. It's my Mister Yuk T-shirt and not the constant drooling. Wow! Who would have thunk it? >_<

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I haven't seen trolling like this since Quint in the movie Jaws.

Reply to
gfretwell

its a good troll...........

and given government regulations nearly believable:(

Reply to
hallerb

April fools isn't for over 5 months.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

A man in Collier County, Florida was put on trial for "illegal" netting of black mullet.

His attorney persuaded the jury that a black mullet was a fowl and not a fish. Explained it had a gizzard, when it jumped from the water

-- it was trying to fly.

Reply to
Oren

With all this trolling going on, we're going to need a bigger boat!

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 19:52:22 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com" wrote Re Re: All outlets must be replaced by 2012:

+1 on that.
Reply to
Caesar Romano

its a good troll...........

and given government regulations nearly believable:(

**************************************

And there really is a Mr. Yuk sticker

Ed Pawlowski

Because the population is retarded.

Reply to
LSMFT

re: "A new law just went into effect in the electrical codes. By the end of 2011."

I want to thank the OP for placing the grammatical errors right at the beginning of the post. At least I knew right up front that the rest of the post was going to be a load of crap.

re: "Also stated in this law, it says that all outlets MUST be replaced by a licensed electrician, and no homeowners...can change them"

Does that mean that only licensed electricians that live in an apartment or are homeless can change them? That's going to cause a "supply and demand" problem as I'm sure the number of non-homeowning licensed electricians is fairly limited.

re: "...Mister Yuck outlets require special handling in order that Mister Yuck's face is upright during installation..."

Well, at least we'll finally get an answer to the question that been troubling us for years: Ground prong up or down? This ought to settle it once and for all.

re: "...each outlet cover will be locked to prevent anyone from othering the electrical box..."

I believe that "othering an electrical box" is already illegal in most states.

Reply to
DerbyDad03