Air Nailer vs: screws, vs: hammer and nails

Hello, I am putting down a 1/4 inch plywood subfloor over top of existing 3/4 inch plywood. What kind of fastener should I use?. I have an air stapler that puts down 1/4 inch wide staples or an 18 Guage air nailer...or should I screw the plywood down? The existing 1/4 inch plywood that I tore up was nailed down with hammer and nails about 1" long. I will be laying Congoleum Tiles over the plywood... thanks...Jim

Reply to
Jimi

Adhesive under the ply and staples. Don't dimple the wood by nailing and have a miss or two. The "Congoleum" may settle into those dimples and be very noticeable after the fact.

YMMV.

Reply to
Oren