Air Conditioning Question

I have three air conditioning units on different sides of my house. Each has an independent thermostat control. The house is an "open plan" design with no interior doors. And I live in a hot, dry climate.

Here's the question:

Would I get better efficiency from my system if I turned off the unit that is in full sun and let the other two take the load instead during the day?

Reply to
Seigfried

No, not enough that you would notice.

What you want to do is run the one that has the highest EER or SEER first and only swith the others on as it falls behind.

Be aware that your true SEER reading depends on the installation. Shortest duct runs etc.

Reply to
HomerS

Good advice Homer, he can use a vertically adjustable 20" Wind Machine floor fans to circulate the air between the rooms. That way you will get longer runtimes out of you highest EER or SEER system. Adequate air movement also increases the comfort level at a higher room TH temp setting. You won't need the longer runtime for latent heat, however, the longer run time will improve the operating SEER of that unit.

- udarrell

Reply to
udarrell