Air Compressor - ambient temp?

I doubt it. You may need to have some type of dipstick heater if it blows the breaker when you try to start. I have one that needs a little TLC from a propane torch to get started. Once running everything seems to be fine.

Reply to
DanG

The containers for 30 weight non-detergent compressor oil mention the term - "all season". Does that mean that I can operate my compressor in an unheated shed in the winter, when ambient temp is in the teens to 30's?

Reply to
salty

My Husky starts and runs fine in extreme cold....But it is only a year old....Maybe older ones are different....

Reply to
benick

The risk is that the oil will be too thick, and won't lubricate properly. Of course, you could contact the compressor manufacturer.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Which was why I asked the question. The Oil packaging seems to indicate that it won't be a problem, but doesn't include specifics.

If I could ask the manufacturer, I wouldn't need to ask here.

Reply to
salty

If I had a stationary compressor in an unheated outbuilding, I would be tempted to install an unloader which would allow the compressor to start with no load.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

YES

EJ in NJ

Reply to
EJ Willson

Hi, How big is the compressor? How cold does it get?

Reply to
Tony Hwang