ADT Yard sign

On 21 Nov 2004 03:57:17 GMT "Greg" used 8 lines of text to write in newsgroup: alt.home.repair

Please email me Greg.

Or open your's to snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
G. Morgan

So how is high speed internet going to be any better when you can cut that physical wire just as easily as any telephone line?

Reply to
Mark

People's internet connections are frequently always-on, so that "monitored" means what, apparently, a monitored phone line doesn't anymore. To whit: The monitoring system can ping your alarm system every minute or so, and if it doesn't get an answer, freak. I recommend not using anything created by microsoft in such a system.

--Goedjn

Reply to
default

If the cops showed up everytime my broadband connection was out I would need to widen the driveway.

Reply to
Greg

HAHAH... Yeah, me too. Broadband isn't very stable, always down.

Reply to
ChInKPoInt [No MCSD]

Did you know every time the cop show up and it's a false alarm it's $25?

Reply to
Jim B

On 24 Nov 2004 18:00:37 GMT "Greg" used 8 lines of text to write in newsgroup: alt.home.repair

As I already noted, this technology is not ready for the primary communication in residential use. It is currently deployed in high-end government facilities and private high security applications. These locations usually have T-1 or T-3 multi-homed Internet connections.

In the meantime there are cellular backups, and proprietary long range radio solutions.

GE Security Division Radio Based Monitoring

Honeywell Security (Ademco) Radio, Cellular, and Internet

DSC Cellular, Internet

G. Morgan