Adding a combination device

Out cabin is a 3 y.o. double wide where I'm adding a UV purifier. Since we're not there 95% of the time there's no point in leaving it on so I'd like to add a switch. The logical electrical tie-in is the recepticle for the washing machine. I was thinkng of replacing the washer's recepticle with a recp/ switch combo device. There's no washing machine installed but that doesn't mean that this is acceptable. So, I'm reasoning that I should tap off the washer recep and install another box for the switch to control the UV light. Does the latter sound most reasonable, not to mention more likely code compliant?

Reply to
C & E

If the UV thingy is portable, why not use the plug to turn it off and on?

Reply to
RBM