A few questions about solid vinyl brick moulding

I am looking to replace the brick moulding around my garage door. The material that is on there now is badly rotted after only being on the house for 5 years.

I was looking at options at my home center and came across solid vinyl.

Is this a viable alternative? Does it exhibit the same expand/contract characteristics as other vinyl trim products? Would it work in an area that receives 9 hours of direct sunlight each day? The trim I am replacing is white. The moulding I saw in the store is already white. Are there any issues to putting it up as is?

Reply to
gssstuff