A/C - Evaporator Coil Replacement

I have a home warranty. My A/C unit broke down last week. It was turning on, but no cold air coming out of the vents. The first time, the A/C technician came byb, refilled the freon and the it worked fine just for a day and the problem resurfaced. The second technician came by and told me the evaporator coil needed to be replaced - He went up in the attic and I heard a beep. I assume he did some kind of a freon leak test. I checked both the A/C units outside and the A/C unit working fine had a pipe that was cold to touch when it was on and the one that was broken did not have the same pipe cold to the touch when it was on.

The home warranty company called me that certain items were not covered and my part of the bill was $350. Is this amount look good and the diagnosis the right one. Should I be asking some additional questions here and make sure that all that needs (anything extra) to be replaced will be replaced?

Thanks in advance for all who took time to reply to this.

Vasu

Reply to
vasuhg

So out of curiosity did either of these techs actually replace any components on the system or did they just refill the freon? I couldn't really tell from the above post if they actually changed anything or if they just pumped freon into the system.

Dunno...I would ask for a breakdown of what was done and what was replaced. Then and only then can you determine what is/isn't part of your home warrantee.

I would make sure that it works for more than a day.

Reply to
STravis