Subject Author Posted Replies

Adjustable posts for my porch
I have a 3 Season Porch 15' x 12' with a gable roof. It is supported by 3 lalley columns under the main carrying beam. I put in 3 more footings at the extreme corners and one in the middle for extra...
8
8

Push Mower Engine Blowout - Is it toast?
Hi folks - well, I don't know much about small engines, but my assumption is that my engine just blew and is a goner - but would like some backup on my plan to move on to buy a new one: Its a 6HP...
22
22

Electric Range Elemenet Voltage Question ?
Hello, Have the typical electric kitchen Range; Whirlpool model of a few years in age. Questions: - Is 220 V (or 110 ?) applied directly to the top elements via the rheostat ? - With the Rheostat...
6
6

Briggs & Stratton moving some production to China
"...Briggs & Stratton spokeswoman Laura Timm says production of horizontal shaft engines and small generators currently made in Alabama will be moved to China."
27
27

OT Survey
The log house which my wife wound up with after her mother died - and into which we have been pouring money, lo, these many months - is now ready to sell or rent. Given the market, it is most likely...
43
43

Central heat and air condition will not stop blowing
I had a "hard" power outage a couple of nights ago and all the sudden the blower keeps coming back on randomly, even though I have the Honeywell controller in the off postion (between heat and air)...
8
8

Need advice for Tecumseh electric starter
I have a 6 horse "commercial/industrial Tecumseh which I use on a DR Power Wagon. (Motor data is "WT PXS, 207 IBA, 207 DOM, 8282K") For 13 years I have used the manual start most of the time, since I...
6
6

Garage Door will not close
Craftsman 1/2 Last week I had my trailer half way in my garage and out. Son closed the door and it hit my trailer and bent the top door. I had to get get another door and put it on. Got it on fine all...
7
7

I found my missing air chuck...
I have had that trouble. Now taking memeroy pills, really helps. ww
7
7

28apr12 8-10PM (TONIGHT!) WEBSTER TARPLEY (9/11-WTC "WHO DONE IT"): via BOOKTV (ie C-SPAN2)
Sorry for the off-topic post, but to some of you, this will be important. 28apr12 8-10PM (TONIGHT!) WEBSTER TARPLEY (9/11-WTC "WHO DONE IT"): via BOOKTV (ie C-SPAN2) DEBATE between "official 9/11...

Drywall Compound with MDF ?
I have been building a bathroom in the basement, with the usual problems with sewer pipes etc. I have used 1/2" Mdf to build boxes and built in cupboards around the main stack and pipes. The question...
5
5

OT - medical news for men
If you have an erection lasting more than four hours, seek medical attention, or, click on the link below: http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0dNI2Ge0slbxP/x610.jpg

Central A/C brands available for DIY installation
http://www.acwholesalers.com/http://ecomfort.com/index.php
17
17

foggy headlights
On my 10 year old van the headlight lens are becomming real foggy. It`s almost as if they have been sandblasted. What can I do to make them clear again? Can I use a buffer wheel in a drill with some...
44
44

Countersink nails on Exterior Paint Job
I am having my house exterior painted. Full paint job, I even paid extra for his handyman/carpenter to replace dryrotted planks on my wood siding. My question is... Should part of his job be to...
9
9