Subject Author Posted Replies

French drain exit
I am installing a French drain between my driveway and house. The only plac e to exit the French drain is on top of the driveway. However, If the end o f the drain exits the driveway, this severely...
5
5

Auto Headlight Restorer
My older pickup truck has foggy headlights. This seems to be the result of poor manufacturing, since the older GLASS headlights never had that problem. But aside from bitching about it, there is...
49
49

Are roots a danger, how to remove them
A neighbor moved into her townhouse 20 years ago and there were no roots in her backyard. Now they have a beautiful yard with perfect grass and benches facing the woods and other nice stuff, but roots...
14
14

Hex Head Bolts Wrench Size To Use
Hello, I bought some hex 3/8 bolts and nuts. Yes, the O.D. of the bolt appears to be 3/8. But a wrench that is marked 3/8 does not fit the head of the bolt. Is there some "standard" where you can tell...
4
4

converting Sprinklers to Drip [water pressure?]
there seems to be more than one way to do a sprinkler to drip conversion If I use existing sprinkler head locations, with a large number of drippers, extensions, etc, do I need to reduce the water...

Water in garage
I have a garage that is on a slab. Yesterday (for the first time in 27 years we have lived there) there was water on the floor about half way down. The puddle indicated that it came in at ground level...
14
14

Trying to arrange a carpool
I'm trying to arrange a carpool, or better yet a convoy, from Baltimore to Texas. I have a car, but it's not big enough to carry enough supplies, MREs, tents, camp stoves, lanterns, canteens, pots,...
6
6

Older home with no sump pump splash block
This past week has been non stop rainfall here in Colorado Springs. The home we own was built in 1986. Up until 2 days ago, I had no idea there was a sump pump in the home. I heard a loud noise coming...
14
14

Building fails
There is one where a concrete slab for a tower is built over a railroad track. That one has to be because the track has been abandoned. Try to explain how some of the others were finished without...
5
5

how to get maximum pressure and water volume at 300 foot distance.
My well pump at the pressure tank is 45 psi. From one of my exterior facets I want to run a line to my garden located 300 feet away, to feed a trickle irrigation system consisting of 20 - 120' trickle...
22
22

Mower won't start
I have a Scotts 229630x8A mower with OVRM 120 engine. Bought it used, so unknown history. Was difficult to start first season, but worked. Now, it's extremely difficult to start, but runs fine if you...
35
35

Happy Mother's Day
Happy Mother's Day for any of you out there who qualify! If you're not sure if you qualify, you MUST have both BREASTS and CHILDREN! :)
2
2

Light Bulb full of Water ????
I was cleaning up around an old building on my propery. There is a lot of debris scatterred around from the previous owner. Anyhow, I found am old (incandescant) lightbulb outside, and it's half full...
3
3

Question about toilet rough in
I'm hoping someone can give me an answer since the floor installer says one thing and the plumber that will be picking up the toilet and installing it says another. The rough in is 11 1/4 by the floor...
20
20

Drainage channel/patio
Here goes what is probably a D U M dum question. I have a large concrete patio with a plastic channel that directs water away to one side. It gets clogged with dirt, of course. Grass and weeds then...
4
4