6 yo lennox leaking freon

Schrader valves are much like the valve stems on a vehicle tire. Same design, but larger. In my work, I do use valve caps that are metal and are put on with a wrench. I also sometimes get to use a valve core remover and replacer. And have replacement valve cores. Makes me wonder if a simple fix like that might reduce or repair the leak?

Sad to hear you're hot indoors in the meantime.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Sounds like some of that officer material is working also at your HVAC company?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Under adult supervision!

Reply to
<kjpro

To keep Tony Hunglow away from it!

Reply to
Tekkie®

Tastes great - less filling!

Reply to
Tekkie®

Mort. go to the morgue. It&#39;s nice and cool there.

Reply to
Tekkie®

I don&#39;t mind the morgue. You meet the nicest people there... pleasant; never a complaint; never want me to bring them anything. And like you say, the air conditioning is first rate.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

This compresor came complete with valve caps that are tightened with a wrench. As far as the Schrader valve goes, I&#39;m quite familiar with them from my days working in a dive shop... I even have a tool suitable to remove or replace a standard tire sized valve core in my toolbox. What I can&#39;t do is recharge the system, so I&#39;m at this guy&#39;s mercy.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Is that where it&#39;s leaking?

Reply to
<kjpro

I would bet that the manufacturer won&#39;t pay local service company till they see proof that they changed your valve block.. And they want the old block back to take a look at.. Otherwise.. you could have someone filling out a bunch of warranty papers for unneeded work.. yeah.. I know we have too good of work ethic for this to happen but it&#39;s possible..

Chuck (in SC)

Reply to
Chuck (in SC)

And, of course, it&#39;s hot out. So, you&#39;re right about being at his mercy. Or lack of mercy.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Start your own clinic.

Reply to