Subject Author Posted Replies

Water Heater Pilot Light -- MP4 -- 534KB
The burner went out - possilby due to high winds, don't know for sure. Anyway, after I lit the pilot light, the burner lit and then started cycling high and low flame with a bout a 2 second cycle...
1
1

OT: Why New York Subway Lines Are Missing Countdown Clocks
“I honestly just wanted to know why the F train didn’t have clocks. I never expected it to be so complicated.”

OT: Another case of we told you so...
Honduras detains 6 Syrians with fake Greek passports, 5 were headed to the USA. When will this govt and the libs wake up? How many have to die here before we get serious about securing the border?
8
8

HomeDepot scaffolding?
I need to (eventually) tape and bed sheetrock on the ceiling of the place I'm renovating. I looked at Home Depot and they have a 6' steel scaffolding on wheels (I hope the wheels are lockable) for...
14
14

hormel and the meat industry
I haven't had SPAM since I was old enough to buy own groceries. lol Maybe the taste had improved since I last had some?
51
51

(OT) Is it possible to get "Directory Assistance" on a Cellphone?
Is it possible to get "Directory Assistance" on a Cellphone? I was away from home and needed to call a glass company to see if my storm windows were repaired and ready for me to pick up. Thats when I...
27
27

Very OT, is this cybersquatting
In IE, I googled the business of a friend of mine, to get his work phone number. First came two paid ads, which varied. Then the next entry was of the form and it was a page that sold fancy sneakers....
14
14

Has anyone tried that 5 Second Fix (from TV commerical)
Has anyone tried that 5 Second Fix (from TV commerical). I dont normally pay much attention to commercials, but this looks interesting. I have never found any glue that works well on plastics. This...
7
7

Might be a Good Thing ...
Yes , and we're looking at a hard freeze this weekend . Lovely , just lovely , this weather doesn't usually hit until mid-December . So much for "global warming" .
7
7

Cabrio Automatic Washer with 6th sense Technology
Parts of clothes often come out not having been wet in the washing process. Hoses, supply valves and screens are clear and fine. Anyone else have this problem and a solution?

OT: drowning devices
Big number, eh? :> Of course, it is misleading for my purposes as it reflects folks who have *ever* drown their phone. I wasn't trying to limit the discussion to phones but, rather, devices in...
112
112

Light Bulbs Dimming
Oooo... I so dislike suggesting things like that! Always afraid the person will forget to turn off the "switch"; the switch will be in the neutral conductor instead of hot; etc. So, I always suggest:...
20
20

Centipede Portable Work System - Has anybody tried one?
These look interesting. Has anybody here tried them or know of anyone who has? Home Depot has the 2' x 4' system for $50. Explore the full line of Bora Centipede work supports. See the new level of...

Grounding an Antenna Mast
Last year I put up a TV antenna mast. I didn't want to screw it to the roof, so I ran three 10 foot lengths of 1 1/4 EMT conduit up the side of the house, and bracketed it to the side of the house. I...
22
22

Low voltage
I have 2 outlets and 1 switch showing low voltage-107. The other outlets on the same breaker are okay.
30
30