48 inch shop light

I have 4 plug in shop lights in my basement.I can only get one bulb in each to light.I have tried new bulbs and get the same result.They used to work. 3 of them are on the same circuit and one is not....help

Reply to
karla

RBM

These fixtures have one major problem, along with several minor ones. Is the basement fully heated? If it's "50-ish" semi-heated, the electronic ballasts and bulbs don't function well at all. If that's the case, you'll need to use the next price range up for a fixture, the ones that use the skinnier bulbs. That's the rest of the bad news, those bulbs don't come nearly as cheap as the big ones (no bulk 10 paks, at least that I've ever seen).

Reply to
I-zheet M'drurz

Consider it an opportunity to upgrade to high quality more efficient and reliable units. Most shop lights are really cheap and not very reliable. One suggestion if you want to check it is to make sure they have a good ground. That metal part of the lamp needs to be grounded to work well.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan