18 thin?

I have a heat pump in my apt. It never stops running. Everything is Electric, I have 18 thin.

What is 18 thin?

Reply to
micky

Last inventory I had 32 thin

Reply to
Su Nombre

Finallyl got an answer from OP: "I have 18 windows in apt. They Are thin and cheap."

Never heard windows described as thin before. Maybe she looks at thermopane as the standard and hers are thinner. It's an apartment but she pays for heating, and the gas cost has been high.

Reply to
micky

If she voted for Diaper Joe I have no sympathy for her.

Reply to
Slevin

Gas prices going down but diesel is still up there. All the Brandon voters with oil heat should think about their choice this winter.

Reply to
Frank

I have an order in for some propane for $2.25/gallon ... not that I really need it since we heat with wood but the 250 gallon tank is down to about 55% and this is the lowest it's been for quite a while .

Reply to
Snag

Heating oil tracks the price of diesel and last I paid was $4.95/gal. My HVAC guy said a lot of his customers were switching to heat pumps which I would consider myself except my oil burning furnace and the AC are both in great shape. At current prices the payback period is maybe three to five years.

I bought gas today at $3.05 but diesel was still $5.00.

Reply to
Frank

Far from cheap but has come down. Price from my old supplier in CT is $4.19 today. Trump era $2.95 Obama era $3.25 I have every delivery listed on a spreadsheet from 2005

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

At a 5 year payback I think I would switch. Know I would with a 3 year payback. I would think that diesel and home oil would be very close to each other minus the tax. They are almost the same.

In one house I had gas heat and now in a larger house with a heat pump and my whole electrical bill is less than just the natural gas bill was.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

We went to town this AM for a few groceries and a stop at the library . Gas at Murphy (Walmart) was 2.99 . Per energy-density that's a better deal than the propane at $2.25 ... but my backup heater won't burn gasoline , just propane .

Reply to
Snag

Remember Ransley that used to post here? Thanks to him I saved a lot of money on oil. There were some discussion about oil boilers and efficiency. My boiler was having some issues and in need of replacement. He posted about a company in New Jersey called Energy Kinetics and their System 2000. I looked into it.

They claimed UP TO 40% fuel cost savings. I figured it was marketing B but still liked the idea. Well, I saved 38% the first year. I used degree days for the calculations and Energy Kinetics also did it when I gave them the situation to verify it.

So, I got a new heating/hot water system paid for by the oil savings in a few years. One of my smartest buys.

Anyone with a heater for the 70s or 80s should be looking at a replacement. At today's prices, even faster.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Good to get feedback on some thing like this.

I need a new furnace, I have oil (still drillng for gas) but not a boiler.

Reply to
micky