120v 60Hz surround sound system in European-socket

Which were not damaged.

Reply to
clare

Except it has been pretty well established that his "converter" was not a voltage adapter - just a plug adapter.

Reply to
clare

Since it's now been made clear, the bottom line is that you plugged a

115 volt only device into a 230v outlet.

Check your surround sound system to see if it has a fuse.

Reply to
philo

I agree. I'd do that before wasting time hauling it over to a store that has 120V. It's almost certain that either a fuse is blown, if he's lucky, or worse if he's not. He could also see if he can find a schematic for it that would show if it has a fuse. If it were me, I'd just take the cover off and look.

Reply to
trader_4

There is a 1 amp 250 volt slow-blow fuse on the circuit board a few inches from where the power cord connects. It WILL be blown. Replace it. If it works then, good. If not, throw it away because it won't be worth futzing around with.

Reply to
clare

Ahmen to that brother!

Reply to
trader_4

You're right. I should have thought of a fuse.

They can be mounted in the back metal panel with some sort of black plastic cover (although I don't know if they do that anymore) or they can be inside the main cover.

Reply to
micky