Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Another raccoon
trapped in the hav-a-hart. Thos traps have been busy this year. I think that's 7 total so far.
15
15

Honda harmony mower
Can anyone tell me how to replace the oil seal on the shaft for the blade? Thanks Ray
2
2

Re: thinking of a new lawn tractor
OK, this is what I bought. since I was not even going to consider buying a 30 yr. old wheel horse or the like, I went with this one It is from Sears, it has a B&S 22hp V twin, full pressure lube, gas...
3
3

The Worst Flower
The world's largest flower is also one of the worst smelling flowers. Rafflesia Arnoldii is often over 3 feet wide and its petals are almost an inch thick. You wouldn't want it in your garden,...

Floodinig vs. Starving
Frequently, my gas engine dies and I have trouble restarting. The problem is, I am not sure if the engine is starved for gas or is flooded. Obviously I don't want to choke the engine if it is flooded,...
2
2

String trimmer string breaks too often
I've read previous advice about using only the tip end of the string for trimming. I try to do that, but most of my trimming are weeds that grow next to a fence. I have gone from a .80 string to 1.15...
3
3

Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before Mowing Your Lawn
Most important is amongst the mulching section. Use a sharp blade. Works better if the grass is moist or dry. Chops up the ORGANICALLY degradable mulch better, making it easier to blend into the soil....
6
6

Wheelhorse C-81 & B-80
Does anyone know if the decks are interchangeable on th C-81 and B-80 lawn tractors. As I understand it the B-80 (circa 1974-1975) uses a 36" side discharge (part # 5-0721) or a 36" rear discharge...
1
1

Warning to dogs and people that swim in lakes and ponds
PERMISSION TO CROSSPOST Bob Tatus wrote: It is with a very heavy heart that I write this and I apologize for its length. Please, PLEASE pass this around. On Monday, June 25, 2007 I took my healthy 9...
6
6

Crossbow weed killer
Hi all, Has anybody every used crossbow weed killer ? How should I mix it ?
8
8

Newer vs older engines
Do you think any of the new engines will stand up as well as the old (60's / 70's) Kohlers and Craftsman (Tecumseh) ?
8
8

GARDEN FROM SCRATCH
Hi, I have just cleared my backyard and am ready to start my new garden. I have gardened before but on a much smaller scale and never from the bottom up. Any suggestions? I live in the New Orleans...
1
1

Terracing a yard
How hard is it to rent some sort of bobcat or whatever and dig out a sloped yard to add terracing bricks and make flat spots separated by a wall or two?
6
6

looking for blade
I have a Lawn Chief 5hp mower "25" Can't find year but motor has date of 1967 can anyone help me ?
6
6

thinking of buying this lawn tractor any opinions ?
This is the one I'm leaning towards ( I like the color) kid at Sears was trying to be helpful but he looked like he was 16 and I doubt he ever rode a lawn tractor never mind owned one. Consumer...
12
12