Wiring for new replacement riding tractor engine?

Hi, I got a uses replacement engine for my Craftsman rider, It is the same except for 2HP less. Can someone tell me what the wiring that goes into the engine does in these tractors? I get the starter to turn over by just turning the key. I hate to sound so ignorant but do I need to hook up the other wires? They are slightly different than my old engine. Thanx Brendan

Reply to
Brendan

Yes

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

It may have a generator on the fly wheel for charging your battery.

Reply to
Claude Hopper (11) 5. ?