what lawnmower

Could readers tell me a good lawnmower to buy. My lawnmower has brok

and I need to get a new one but just do not know the best one to get. have had 2 in the last 3 years and both have broke and was not happ with them so would not buy them again. I need one that is not ver heavy as I find them hard to monouver but want it to collects grass i possable. I would prefer it not to be a flymo but any suggetions woul be helpful. I don't want to pay anymore than £100. Thanks in advanc

-- jeyjey

Reply to
jeyjey

Hire a neighborhood kid to mow your lawn.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

Depending on the size of the yard and how much you're willing to spend, this dictates what mower to get. For up to 1/2 acre, a regular push mower is fine (with self propelled drive) Craftsman, Lawn Boy or Snapper with a 22" cut. I prefer a mulching blade, not much of a clean up and you don't have to worry about getting rid of the clippings. For larger yards a rider or walk behind works well. 42 - 48" cut. Troy Built, John Deere ect. Regardless of what mower you get, proper maintenance is key to keeping the mower running. Check the oil before you cut, change it when necessary; tune ups at least once a season, and keeping the blades sharpened. I've had my Craftsman for 6 years and it starts every time. If and when it dies, I'll buy another, for me its reliable, I cut my grass on average every

4 days.

Reply to
Peter Pan

Not around here (New England). The kids just don't want to work. The last quote I got from a "pro" was $70 to do my lawn which I can do with a propelled mower in an hour and a half. So that's about $50 and hour, considerably over the minimum wage.

Reply to
Stubby

Reply to
unknown

You can't go wrong with Scag® Power Equipment. A bit pricey and wears like iron with just a little maintenance.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Kitterman