Washing Mower Deck ?

Hello I have a Cub Cadet 1527 Mower Tractor with a 42 in. deck , have had the usual problem with grass sticking to the underside of the deck and the damage that goes with this problem , I had the deck sand-blasted a year ago and painted it with a special very tough paint that I got from Summit Racing , I ran a hose under the deck with the mower running and it really cleaned the fresh grass off the deck , took the deck off last fall for maint. and it looks very good , have heard all kind of ways to wash a deck , wonder if anybody has added a fitting to the deck or buried a right angle hose in the ground to spray up , getting down on the ground with a water hose isn't the best . Thanks Phil L.

Reply to
Phil

on 4/9/2008 9:45 AM Phil said the following:

Is there any way to jack up, or hoist up the tractor? I don't have that problem with my tractor, since the deck is pulled off in the late Fall to attach the snow blower, so the deck gets cleaned and the blades sharpened..

Reply to
willshak

Reply to
Phil

My Troybilt has an add-on fitting to do what exactly you're talking about. Has quick disconnect fitting. Another add-on is a hose adapter that fits that quick disconnect. Don't cost alot. Perhaps could be adapted to yours?

Add-on parts for Troybilts are sometimes available on shelf at Lowes. Or, mtdonline.com.

Reply to
Dioclese

I have a shallow creek with a rock bottom so I just drive in to about 3 inches deep and turn on the blades. Works GREAT. I guess everyone can't do that though.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Mel M Kelly

I bought a 50 inch Cub Cadet last year and it has quick disconnect fitting on it just for that purpose. There is a fitting on the top of each side of the deck.

So, you might check with Cub Cadet to see if you can order these parts and install them on your mower. It might be hard to put a hole in the deck for the fitting, but it could be done.

Bob-tx

Reply to
Bob

My Troybilt had a big brass bolt, washer, and nut in the deck where the fitting/adapter goes.

Reply to
Dioclese

Reply to
Phil

I have one of those. I will try that, thanks for the suggestion. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

Humm, I always thought this to be a bad idea. Seems to me there would be bearing and rust through in time. Better off using a teflon spray or such after a cleaning.

Otoe

Reply to
Otoe

Take the mower deck off, stand it up and use a pressure washer.

Reply to
"Blattus Slafaly ? (3) ¼ :)"

What kind of damage are you talking about. My deck is 20 years old and works fine, just put new bearings in the three spindles and scraped off all the old grass. What damage are you talking about? Normal wear?

Reply to
"Blattus Slafaly ? (3) ¼ :)"

One of those hose attachments for cleaning gutters (pointed up instead of down of course)???

Reply to
KC

I run my tractor on ramps and do that, but only a few times per season. More toward the fall when I'm dealing with the leaves. I squirt it down with wd-40 after I let it dry.

The damn thing will still rust away eventually.

Reply to
Steve

Reply to
Phil