the mystery of the fouled plug

I was out on the job site beyond the city limit sign running the Stihl BR400 backpack blower and having a good time pushing this giant huge row of leaves across the customer's yard when I decided to take a coffee break, so I flipped the kill switch and enjoyed the coffee break complete with snack crackers.

after break time was properly completed and I had made the decision to return to the task at hand I leaned of how the Stihl BR400 had decided somewhere during my break of how 'she' was done for the day.

after the 4th pull of the rope I began to focus my ear on the sound of the motor to make the determination of whether or not the motor was electrically firing. not hearing that certain little particular noise created by the presence of a spark being precisely delivered in a timely manner to the combustion chamber, I looked at 'her' and said, "you don't realize I've got a brand new spark plug gapped and ready to be installed waiting for this moment in the tool tray, do you?"

so, with some minor tailgate surgery the job was finished and I returned to my side of the city limit sign.

I hope ya'll had a good day too.

Reply to
Jim