Shifter on old Craftsman 6-speed tractor

It sometimes gets stuck in a gear. Using the clutch doesn't free it up. It responds to force sometimes. In 17 years I've never added oil to the transaxle. The manual does not say to do it, but I wonder. Any advice?

Reply to
Stubby

take a big hammer and knock the Steveo out of it. works for me. ymmv

Reply to
Jose

Is this the relatively old 6 variable speed or the real old stick shift 3 speed with hi & lo range ?

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

No Hi and Lo, just 6 forward speeds and 1 reverse, and neutral.

Reply to
Stubby

If you have the same 6 speed as I, there is no fill plug that I can find. After 17 years you may be reaching the end of the mower's-or transmission's- usefull life.

Reply to
Chas Hurst

ive taken them apart ,cleaned out the old lube and put new lube in on the old units. the lube gets kinda useless after so long. lucas

ds549