Seeding a lawn

In a few weeks I plan on seeding my backyard with Argentine Bahia. Last summer I seeded my front yard successfuly but it took a lot of work because of the enormous amount of weed seeds in Central Florida soil. I had to hand pull them because herbisides I used killed grass seedlings.

What would happen if I mixed some annual rye with the Bahia in hopes that the annual rye will crowd out the weeds, then die out?

Reply to
please

no matter how much grass you have the weeds will always show up. Especially with the devil weed called the dandelion. The dandelion will leave a nice bare spot of soil after you pull it. I even used the Scotts Weed and Feed. That just seemed to promote the weeds.

Reply to
RR