Safety advice for tractor mowers.

Some post about tool safety in another group reminded me of a grim incident that happened a few years ago, which gave me chills and made a lasting impression on me. It is more appropriate to this group, so I'll write it here even though it still gives me chills just to write it. A few years ago, I read about an accident involving a grandpa on a tractor mower and his little granddaughter following close behind with a plastic toy push mower. I won't go into the grim details, but had it be me, I think I would have put a gun in my mouth. But for anyone using a tractor mower while having toddlers around, or just grandkids visiting, pick up a cheap set of rear view mirrors and mount them on the tractor.

Reply to
willshak

jacko

I know of a farmer that ran over and killed his young son who was riding on his tractor with him. He had a heart attack afterwards but I never heard follow up. It pains me to see kids around heavy equipment in use. I also know of 2 women that ran over and killed their kids with their cars. I think both marriages were destroyed by it. One happened at our swim club but I still see mothers letting their kids run loose in the parking lot.

Reply to
Frank

Great advice. I'll second every bit of it.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko