Re: Honda HF2218H

Hi All

> > I have recently just moved to a property with a large Garden around 2 > acres. after reading through alot of Information on the net about Ride > On Mowers I finally took the plunge and purchased a secondhand Honda > HF2218H.. > > everything seems fine with the mower when cutting on a level plain but > when I need to pull up a small slope in the garden it starts to vibrate > and sounds quite noisey? I'm certain its not the engine making this > noise but was thinking it could be the drive belt slipping although > there is no squeal? it also seems to struggle up the slope but once its > cleared the top its fine again and all the noise and vibration stops... > > this model is a Hydrostatic with two belts that both look like they > have seen better days, the drive belt for the cutter is quite loose > until I engage the cutter then all the slack is taken up, the main > drive belt from the bottom of the engine seems to have a tensioner but > it does seem like there is planty more to tighten.... > > Any Advice would be gladly apreciated.. > > Many Thanks > > Tony

Surely there must be someone with some knowledge about Ride On Mowers on the site?

Reply to
jasper65

I take it no one has experienced their Ride On Tractor "judder" under load? this Honda Mower did it again today while driving up a small incline, the engine sounds fine but it seems to struggle up hills I would of otherwise thought is should manage easy.......

Reply to
jasper65

The belt is shot. You said so in your first post. Replace it and keep on going. What more do you want anyone to tell you?

Reply to
Art

what I put in my previouse post was guess work, I'm no Ride On Mower boffin by any means.....

cheers for the confirmation its much apreciated.......

Reply to
jasper65

You have the advantage of seeing and experiencing it. Your guess work is going to be far more accurate than any "boffin" on Usenet.

Reply to
Art

Guess work doesn't often solve problems! advice from people who have experenced simular situations can often take you straight to point of the cause, Perhaps asking for advice on forums is a thing of the past if we can all guess correctly.......

Reply to
jasper65