New turf on old

I laid meadow grass as a quick and dirty solution last year but now wan

to replace the area (36sqm) with good quality turf and also build up th area by around 2". I ideally want to lay straight on top of the ol turf to avoid having to build up too much.

Whats the best way of doing this bearing in mind I have kids who won be happy if the lawn is out of action for a ling period !!!

thanks in advance

richar

-- rpb123

Reply to
rpb123

rpb123 wrote in news:rpb123.2b31628 @gardenbanter.co.uk:

I would: * Spray with a short-lived general herbicide like RoundUp * Wait a few days for the grass to die * Amend the soil as needed (take samples to a local nurseryman) * Add a little soil if you need * Rototill * Rake smooth * Apply sod

Reply to
Steve