Mower problem

Getting ready to take a Snapper 26" w/B&S 7 hp back to dealer for warranty work. Since I'm not very mechanically inclined, would like to know if anyone give me any insight b/4 it goes back.

Picked this up less than 2 weeks ago, new. After my first mowing, it had a miss in it, so to the dealer it went. Had a carburetor leak.

The second mowing went fine. Now, went to mow for the third time and the pull start was "locked". It wouldn't pull for anything. After a few tries, it pulled fine. Had to refuel during the mow, and pulled fine. B/4 I put it away, I cleaned under the mower, fueled up, and tried to start. It's like froze again.

I'm sure my problem will be resolved at the dealer, but does anyone know what could be causing this lock out on the pull start?

I'm beginning to think I got a lemon :o/

Reply to
Spike

You got a "lemon" - should have saved yourself a couple hundred and bought one of the MTD brands

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

"Srgnt Billko" wrote

Thanks, but I don't shop box stores.

Reply to
Spike

I'm not an expert but I'd look for something that is braking the blade. Some mowers have a brake to stop the blade as a safety feature. Count this be on your's? Is something still engaged?

Thunder

Reply to
Rolling Thunder

I had a similar problem with a Murray mower - turns out it was my fault, not the unit. Because my grass was thick and wet, I had to clean out the undercarriage a few times. When I did so, I tilted the mower to reach underneath and pull out the clogged grass clippings (after stopping the blade and turning the engine off, of course).

In doing so, I tipped the mower too much and flooded the carburetor, resulting in a similar "lock up" that you seem to have.

A small engine shop in my neighborhood fixed me right up and warned me about tipping the mower. "Always keep the carburetor on the high side," he said.

With your previous carburetor problem, I wonder if that's where I would question the dealer.

Good luck, Squanklin

Reply to
Squanklin