Mile A Minute vine

In the last couple of years, the Mile A Minute vine (Polygonum
Perfoliata) has invaded the lower Hudson Valley.
I first saw it last year when it was growing along the edge of my
property which borders a wooded area. I have a number of multiflora rose
bushes and Mullbery trees along that edge. It grew up and covered the
rose bushes. I pulled out as much as I could, but this spring the rose
bushes were dead , yet the vines grew again. The only way to control the
weeds is to pull them by hand (with long sleeved shirts and gloves since
they have thorns) . Herbicides cannot be used since the vine covers
beneficial plants.
I'm not asking for advice. Just consider this a public service announcement.

Reply to
willshak

Site Timeline Threads