Mile A Minute vine

In the last couple of years, the Mile A Minute vine (Polygonum Perfoliata) has invaded the lower Hudson Valley. I first saw it last year when it was growing along the edge of my property which borders a wooded area. I have a number of multiflora rose bushes and Mullbery trees along that edge. It grew up and covered the rose bushes. I pulled out as much as I could, but this spring the rose bushes were dead , yet the vines grew again. The only way to control the weeds is to pull them by hand (with long sleeved shirts and gloves since they have thorns) . Herbicides cannot be used since the vine covers beneficial plants. I'm not asking for advice. Just consider this a public service announcement.

willshak