Like Preen, but for lawns?

Is there a commercial product that can be applied to lawns that prevents seeds from germinating, as Preen claims it does for gardens?

I'm mainly interested in stopping the maple and ash tree seeds that cover our lawn in the spring.

I've seen people suggest simply using Preen, but it's clearly labeled as not being for use on lawns, and while I haven't done the math, I think it would be rather expensive to do our entire front and back yards.

I really wouldn't care much about the ash sprouts if they would simply match the color of the grass. The darker maple sprouts blend in pretty well.

Reply to
Bert

A pre-emergent crabgrass product might work. It prevents germination of most weeds, but it only lasts a month or so.

Reply to
trader4