John Deere Moves to Lowes; HD Dropping the Line?

I noticed the last few days that my local HD had cut prices on its remaining John Deere lawn tractors by $400 and was making a real effort to sell them all out. Now I see on the Lowes website that they will soon begin selling John Deere. Given the way things have been working in the past, I'm going to assume that HD is going to drop JD and will pick up some other "high end" lawn gear to go along with MTD.

It's all part of the retail chess game --

Reply to
JimR

No, HD is getting 2 cub cadets, 3 toro 2 JD and mtd and yard machine 1 each... JD cuts the prices, HD and Lowes wont have anything to do with the prices of the physical tractor. No 10% coupons can be used on JD.

Reply to
KCnRichmond