Japanese Maple Volunteers

My mother has a Japanese maple at her house, and recently discovered a large number (60+) volunteers that have popped up; Most only have two or three leaves. I am thinking of transplanting these volunteers to my house to raise for bonsai. Unfortunately, I don't really know anything about raising trees from volunteers. Can anyone give me any tips, or suggest web sites or books that would help me be sucessful in my cultivation attempts?

Thank you,

Don

Reply to
Don G