Hayter Heritage 12/30 Ride on

I possess one of these but recently had a mishap with the blade rotation lever which has snapped at the base. I have had the lever repaired but cannot seem to be able to connect it correctly. The spring is the problem and the instruction book and diagram showing the offending item is not clear. Has anyone had experience of dealing with this? It is apparent to me that the spring must be " coiled" slightly to provide resistance but how it fits is not known to me as the parts were separated when the lever failed.

Reply to
Old Bloke