Fertilizer - Have soil test results

I am located in southern Indiana and have tall fescue for a lawn. I had my soil tested this spring and it showed that my soil was extremely lacking phosphorus and potassium. This spring I put down some 6-24-24. But from what I have read for fall fertilizer, you want a higher nitrogen content. So, what should I put down now? My initial thought was to put down some 13-13-13, but then I saw some 18-24-12 at HD, but it cost about double what the 13-13-13 was. I understand the numbers and how to calculate lbs per bag, so I was thinking to just put down about 1.5 times as much 13-13-13 to get me about equal to the 18-24-12. Or should I stick with my soil sample and put down 6-24-24?

Thanks,

Jon

Reply to
10w40

I think you want to use a slow release fertilizer which the 13-13-13 isn't. That's a quick release and will leech out very quickly after application. I'd use the 18-24-12 for the fall. That's what I use here in North Carolina.

Thunder

Reply to
Rolling Thunder