cleaning siding

What can we use to clean white aluminum and vinyl siding? We have both. The spider poop is really hard to get off. Don't want to use something that will damage the siding. We tried the Mr.Clean Magic Erasers and that took most off, but it's like the siding is stained now. TIA Carolyn

Reply to
Henry & Carolyn

A gas-powered, powerwasher.

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

Simple green works fairly well for cleaning most anything for me. You'll have to experiment for the mixture strength, so try it on a hidden area first if you can. (read the label) Don't leave it on to long either.

Reply to
Steveo

That helps as long as you're careful with it.. but you'll still need a good detergent first/with.

Reply to
Steveo

Ya... that's good stuff!

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

Go to Ace Hardware and buy a gallon of Aluminum Siding Cleaner. Works like a champ.

dickm

Reply to
dicko

bleach

Reply to
jtees4

Now I don't know about your siding, but mine has a powder on it. If you mechanically clean it too much, you get rid of the self-sluffing feature, and take the siding down to the base plastic. Have you damaged the coating?

later,

tom @

Tom The Great

Reply to
Henry & Carolyn

no, the coating is fine

Reply to
Henry & Carolyn

With some sort of detergent, or bleach, even?

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly