Anyone know JD Lawn Tractors?

I don't even hook the angle-adjust lever up any more - haven't after the first year or two that I had it. 46" is plenty. No guarantees if you can't be satisfied tearing off a small piece at a time :)

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

That's exactly what I was th>46" is plenty.

Considering the frame bending possibilities, I was thinkin' 46" may be TOO much. Another thing, the website states it's designed to be used only for snow. If that's true, I have no use for it (snow? HERE? not hardly).

to blade angle, you can read the site two ways. Clearly it has three positions. But it's not clear to me whether the angle can be adjusted from the drivers seat or not.

Anyhow, I thought you meant you had used your JD for pushing instead of the Wheel Horse. I guess I'll be checkin' into this a bit more before I plunk down my hard earned $276.

Thanks for the info.

Rick

Reply to
PhantMan

messagenews:20070126121214.841$ snipped-for-privacy@newsreader.com...

Uh oh Sarge Bilko,,be carfull what Ya wish for,,bigger "plow" might just mean bigger trouble!! Due to the width and deeper penetration it might be over too soon,,then Ya gotta cool the engine and wait for the next precipitation!! Might be better to just poke away with the average plow..When the Neighbor Lady ca'nt walk to Her car anymore maybe She'll kiss You for plowing Her drive too!! Dean

Reply to
Dean

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

> As to blade angle, you can read the site two ways. Clearly it has

See if there is an "old-time power" club near you. If so they usually have spring time auctions and flea markets where you can get good advice and pick up stuff like that for less than $100 in good shape.

Srgnt Billko

Yeah, dick boy. J. Holmes jr.

Reply to
Steveo

Lots of "ol' timers" but no clubs that I can find.

aha! We're up to our ears in flea markets and garage sales. I'll keep a lookout. Thanks, Rick

Reply to
PhantMan

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

shape.http://www.northerndutchess.com/hv-oldtimepower.htm- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Old time power looks to be a NE USA thing. Around here I just ask Folks I know and look around..The first two I found at work,,one at the Crazy Ladys' house and one at the office of My #1 customer,,both were "dead" but a battery cured the 1st and a machine key(back axel)and the same new battery cured the 2nd..My Son was on the 2nd after I got it running,,when He let out the clutch nuthin happened,,mucked around a bit then noticed the axel spinning in the wheel,,did'nt have mackine keys or even know that term but could see a possibility,,searched thru My tool box,,found a siding screw for steel building,,lined-up the keyway,stuck the screw in and told Son to try going,,He opened it up and popped the clutch and took off doin a wheelie!! I said "load er up I'm buyin it!".. Dunno if You guys can tell but I like tinkering with this stuff.. Dean

Reply to
Dean