2 questions for the lawn gurus...

  1. I have a moss growing in my lawn on the north side of the house. I have tried everything from skimming it off of my lawn to digging it out. There is no way to get sun to it directly, but even in the spots that get plenty of sun, it still grows. What do I do to get rid of it?

  1. I have this vine-ish stuff all over my yard. Someone told me it was 'creeping charlie' and that there was some stuff I could spray on it to make it go away. I have a problem with sprays because my children like to play in the back yard where this stuff is taking over my lawn. Is there a way to get rid of it without the chemicals? If not, what is a good chemical that is kid friendly?

Any advice would be great!

Reply to
Former Organ Donor

Try agricultural limestone applications, 50 lbs/1000 sg ft. Your soil may be acidic. It may take a year or more to see results.

Weed b gone, keep the kids off the lawn for 24 hrs.

Reply to
Steveo

Some information on your location would help here. On the west coast of Canada and the US moss is a real problem and they are further advanced in the treatment of it. We don't do much with in the central or eastern regions except to remove as much of the moss as possible and lime the soil. Normally the problem will recur though.

Creeping Charlie is a tough weed to get rid of, but killex will do it. Try and get it in the spring when actively growing. Hit it, wait 2 weeks and hit it again, wait 2 weeks and hit it again. If your laying down the herbicide according to the specs you'll get a handle on it by the summer.

Peter H

Reply to
Peter H

You need to tell us what part of the country you live in and what type of grass you have.

Reply to
RoyDMercer

Reply to
DIE SPAMMER !!!

I live in the south east corner of South Dakota. The type of grass is that mixed stuff with some of that damn creeping charlie in it.

Reply to
Former Organ Donor

LOL! Good idea. It *is* kind of fun to yank.

I've had patches of creeping charlie, as well, and the Weed-B-Gone does a great job. For large areas, I just use the kind that connects to your garden hose.

Reply to
Mitch

Ortho® Weed-B-Gon® Chickweed, Clover and Oxalis Killer for Lawns got rid of the ground ivy (creeping charlie) that was taking over my backyard. I live in northern Illinois.

Managing lawn weeds:

info:

Doug G