12hp B & S

Where can I find illustrations online regarding throttle cable placement of a 12hp B&S vertical shaft engine? I obtained a basket case Murray with the engine removed and partially disassembled. I found a newer replacement engine of the same size but am not sure where or how the throttle cable mounts onto the engine. The components are identical for the most part. The old engine utilized an integral choke on the throttle cable and the replacement will need a separate choke cable added, not too big of a project. My concern is that I am either missing components or am a complete idiot as to how the throttle cable actually mounts onto the engine. Both engines appear to have the same apparatus on the side of the block. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dan

Reply to
Dan

Most throttle and choke cables are secured to the engine very near the throttle or choke actuator by means of a screw with a wide washer that clamps the cable to the engine. My 18HP B&S's throttle clamp is on the top of the intake manifold in a slot with a screw next to the slot. The choke cable is secured in the same way on the side of the carburetor.

Reply to
willshak