Old floor buckling by vent

replying to Notsosunnystate, Notsosunnystate wrote: OP here; I appreciate everyone’s comments even if they’re upsetting to know. I want this house to work out so badly but there’s so many random issues. Ugh just want to point out I’m ripping the carpet away from the bump to get closer and I found a large double sided razor blade under the carpet pad 🙄 Ugh. Here’s a new picture trying to get in closer. For this moment I’m trying to get closer without doing irreversible damage lol. Can’t exactly go to the home improvement store ATM if I do too much. Also please keep in strong mind how old this house is (1930’s)! I pressed on the wooden bump in question, and it’s hard as a rock. It doesn’t sink at all when pressed on. The tack board is stuck to the floor too. The tack board is stuck on the bad floor, which has about an inch gap from the wall (behind the vent) and then where the bump is there’s no space. It looks jammed. I’ll try to post as many new pictures as I can. Pictures are harder to see dimensions then in person. One pic is POV of vent & the gap. One pic is POV of gap of bump to wall. And then there’s a picture where the two pieces of plank look like they were forced upwards and it broke their seam?

read more and respond »

Posted 3 years ago by Notsosunnystate in Home Repair

Report misuse

Image for Old floor buckling by vent