Cracks where wall meets ceiling

I recently discovered these cracks in my wall, where the wall meets the ceiling along the stairs (see photos). Both cracks have gotten a little bigger over the last 2 or so weeks since I first noticed them. Some things I can tell you are that we do have a small foundation crack that we were told wasn't a huge concern (we are going to fix it in the spring) and that it has been an record cold winter here in Ottawa, Canada -- many days below -20 celsius.

Are these cracks something to worry about or are they just normal settling? If it is a concern, who do you call about this sort of problem? [IMG]

[IMG]
read more and respond »

Posted 3 years ago by mattk in General Construction

Report misuse

Image for Cracks where wall meets ceiling