Blower runs constantly but draft inducer will not turn on

There's 120V coming to it and it won't turn? This does sound like the draft inducer problem, probably in its wiring hookup. I am assuming you've checked that the fan can actually turn by itself (with power off) - i.e. not a mechanical problem like a bad bearing or something like that. Is this an OEM replacement motor like Fasco for example? The color of the wires may not be exactly the same as on the original motor. Is this a shaded-pole or a PSC (permanent split capacitor) motor? I've attached FACO typical wiring diagrams, see if you can verify that the colors and the functions of the wires correspond. Shaded-pole with only two wires is kind of hard to mess up, but PSC, especially multispeed - it's possible.

read more and respond »

Posted 3 years ago by homeowners in Heating

Report misuse

Image for Blower runs constantly but draft inducer will not turn on