Blocking up an internal doorway

Hi we are looking to block up the doorway pictured but not sure where to begin or what we might need to consider. It is a 1960s semi with concrete floors. The other side of this wall is the kitchen and will have cabinets fixed to it. Wondering if better to use brick/block? do we need to consider the load bearing? how best to tie in with the existing brick wall? etc. etc. Any and all advice gratefully received. Many thanks!

read more and respond »

Posted 1 year ago by Georgina in UK Do-It-Yourself Forum

Report misuse

Image for Blocking up an internal doorway