Is my unit bad? RC winding only 0.8 ohms

Yes, that's a 5 ton packaged (meaning outside unit+furnace+air handler) A/C system part number. They can no longer sell anything less efficient that 13 SEER so info on your unit is not easy to come by. I was not able to positively identify the actual compressor but I think this one highlighted on the cutout from the Emerson/Copeland book is very close. This is ZR57xxx, but you can also have a ZR54xxx which would bring the resistivity values up a bit: R-C would be 0.386 Ohm and C-S - 1.12Ohm

Be sure to click on the "original" link next to the picture to see the table in real size.

read more and respond »

Posted 3 years ago by homeowners in Air Conditioning

Report misuse

Image for Is my unit bad? RC winding only 0.8 ohms